3.10.2013

Lemon Ginger Detox Drink













































This is how I've been jump starting my mornings lately. Lemon-ginger water. 

Before starting on my 40-day health quest, I had read and heard that drinking lemon water right when you get up was a must-do. Models and celebrities like Miranda Kerr and Gwyenth Paltrow seem to swear by it. So I looked into myself. And let me tell you: It may not seem like much, but I guarantee you will feel it working... sometimes within minutes. I'll just put it that way.

Besides starting your day off with a little vitamin C and hydration, the lemon juice is considered an antioxidant and mild diuretic that supports your liver and kidney in their job of flushing out toxins. You can read more about the benefits here.

To save time, I prepare a big pitcher of lemon juice and ginger on Sundays and have it waiting in the fridge for me. Each morning, I pour a few tablespoons into a glass and add room-temperature water.





Recipe

Juice 6 lemons
4-inch chunk ginger, peeled, sliced
3/4 cup water
1 T. honey

Combine all in a food processor and blend. I use my immersion blender and that works just fine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment