4.07.2014

Sugar-Detox Meal Plan: Week #6

We are in the home stretch here! It's been over a month since I decided to cut out processed sugar and carbs along with alcohol and caffeine and invited you all to join me. I'm feeling great and hope you are too! Minus the allergies that have hit me like a brick wall. Thanks spring! But I'm kind of so excited about this warm weather and the fact that I don't have to wear boots all the time that I don't even mind.

This week there are a few repeat recipes, but a handful of new ones as well. My personal favorites are the lime-honey grilled chicken on strawberry spinach salad and the carrot cake. Something about Easter makes me crave that dessert! My version with maple-syrup sweetened cream cheese frosting is free of processed sugar and gluten. Plus it does not have any added butter or oil so it doubles as a great breakfast option as well! Hope you enjoy!



__________________________________________________________________________________

Lime-Honey Grilled Chicken over Strawberry Spinach Salad

Sesame Carrot-Cabbage Pancakes

*Replace rice noodles with shredded chinese cabbage. For the dressing, omit fish sauce, brown sugar and Sriracha and add 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper or chili oil and 1 T. honey.
________________________________________________________________________________
Breakfasts
Carrot Cake Oatmeal Bake*

Raspberry Oatmeal with Sauteed Bananas

*Turn it into a delicious dessert with maple syrup-sweetened cream cheese or whipped cream
__________________________________________________________________________________
Recipes from other bloggers
Avocado-Hummus Dip with Veggies
(The Lovely Cupboard)

Curried Chicken and Wheat Berry Salad (omit sugar)
(The Endless Meal)


No comments:

Post a Comment